- Companies without the ability to suddenly change the business process of their operations are left with confusion and lack of communication amongst their employees.
- Employees that are new to remote working have their own obstacles to overcome such as social isolation and lack of routine and structure to mention a few which can all be detrimental to the mental health of the employees.
- Lack of preparation and tools for employees to work seamlessly while apart
- Allows for quick re-assessment of the business processes to adapt to the current situation. The low-code program makes it easy to use and understand without the need for IT personnel. Having to go through fewer people to adjust the business process means that the change would happen more effectively.
- Mobile Users — Accessible over the internet due to Cloud Capabilities meaning you can access the program remotely to keep businesses running as usual from wherever you are.
- Allows for Team Agility as all the team would be working on the same platform with live updates and the ability to assign urgency to certain tasks. This would speed up processes immensely within the team during remote working while keeping communication levels high. Better communication levels would aid in helping employees stay on track to reach targets.
- Reduce the redundancy rate within your company if you are struggling to readjust to the current situation in a timely manner.
- Job creation- Businesses can carry on with their human resources practices despite the disrupted business climate.
- It speeds up processes by digitally signing and getting approvals.
Survey Results:To help those companies and employees that are struggling with remote working, we thought that we would conduct a study. The aim was to gather information so we can determine how everyone is coping during this period and why remote working works for some people but not for others. With Wyzer’s newest SaaS, Wyzer Work, we would like to help where we can to make everyone’s job easier and remote working possible. Another motivation for us to conduct this study was to see that if the people that got to work remotely for a long period of time would like to adopt it into their usual routine once this pandemic is over.
Most Popular Tools:When working remotely it is important to have 3 different types of tools: Communication, File Sharing and one that gives access to the enterprise applications. Most companies use more than one tool to function efficiently. What is important is that the main tools being utilised are secure as you would not want your company’s sensitive data to be leaked online. Zoom was recently in the news for having security issues. It was also noted that although most people felt their company was prepared for the switch to work remotely, almost every single person said that they are having communication problems within the company. This could be due to the fact that although they are utilising video conferencing tools, a lot of them are using Email, WhatsApp or Facebook as the main source of written communication which tends to get confusing within large groups. This leads to unclarity and miscommunication amongst the team. The companies may also not be having video calls frequently enough. Many also have the problem that they lack access to documents and files that are only accessible by physical copy in the office, which means that the company is not using enough file-sharing tools such as google drive. When asked whether remote working affected the company’s customer experience, 112 people said no while 29 said yes. Those that said yes work in various industries like Retail, Sales, Education, Law and Architecture. The most common problem was the lack of interaction between them and their customers as it is impersonal and harder to communicate without the ability to read body language and social cues. We also asked respondents to tell us what are the benefits of working from home and what are the challenges they are facing.
ChallengesWe then asked what percentage of their tasks can be performed remotely. Those that responded with 20% and 40% are mainly in jobs that make it difficult to work remotely such as Education or are Directors or Managing Directors (who need to oversee the company and deal with problems daily). With the data received we compared the results of how many people would like to work remotely in the future against those who had experience working remotely before to whether they would like to work remotely again in the future.
Working Remotely again in the future?To get a more in-depth view we also broke down this graph into age brackets and with those that have kids to see which age bracket would be more likely like to work from home. From these graphs, it is clear to see that most employees in most industries, where possible, would like to have the option to work remotely whenever possible. It is particularly visible in the age bracket of 18–29 where most have never worked remotely before and after this experience, only 6 replied they definitely would not like to work remotely again in the future. It is also important to note out of those 9 that said ‘definitely not’ to working remotely again in the future, 4 of them are in the education industry (which may require a great amount of physical interaction) and the majority of the others are professions which cannot function properly when working remotely. The others may not like the ‘anti-social ness’ of working remotely or may just prefer the office environment. The respondents that said they have kids also would like to have the option to work remotely or add it to their weekly routine. Although working from home with children can be beneficial for the parents due to time management, it is also not for everyone since they can shift your focus. Lastly, we asked respondents what tasks do they have that they cannot do while working remotely. Out of the few that we got, we picked these out as with our product, Wyzer Work, these are all capable of being achieved within minutes. Besides these capabilities, there are also other benefits to our product above. Our system will make working from home as seamless as possible.
- Obtaining Signatures on documents — This can be done with Wyzer Work as we have integrated a system that allows you to digitally sign or upload an image of the signed document
- Document couriers — There is no need for document couriers with our product as everything is done digitally and securely.
- Access to and updating physical files — with Wyzer Work, everything is done and stored on the cloud which is secure and allows remote access.
- Auditors (Physical Documents are Required) — documents are easy to retrieve from our system and can be done with the click of a button.
- Processing of Paper Work and Invoices
- Seeking approvals — Approvals can be done within seconds with Wyzer Work.
- Getting core systems data on time — Wyzer Work has live data updates.
- Management of people, checking departments and daily ongoing monitoring — Wyzer Work has a task assigning system that allows you to manage your team and see what they are doing.